> in all that time we've never come to a conclusion on anything so that it might possibly be said with almost no qualification or caution that this could almost be a case of poetry really rivaling philosophy

Ha, yeah. The discussion I messed up about autonomy has got me reading some philosophy, it's a maze

On 2 June 2018 at 00:40, David Bircumshaw <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
More than 15 years Luke. I think I've been on it for about 20 and I was by no means the first. I think I can say with assurance that in all that time we've never come to a conclusion on anything so that it might possibly be said with almost no qualification or caution that this could almost be a case of poetry really rivalling philosophy.

David

On Fri, 1 Jun 2018 9:51 pm Luke, <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> (I’ve written to Luke to clarify the tone of those remarks

Yes Peter did and I wasn't offended anyway. I hear the list has been active for 15 years, so really I can't complain.

Luke