Doesn't all writing write through earlier texts, to varying degrees of
conscious or procedural knowing, but somehow in the hope of freeing
itself of its textual precedents,  and is thus doomed to veer between
conscious uncoupling, repurposing and deceitful appropriation:
Shakespeare's an expert at plagiarism that is better than its sources.
You could call it rewilding by analogy with rewilding movements.

Drew