From: This is the list of ARLIS/UK & Ireland: the Art Libraries Society. <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Stephanie Moran <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: 24 May 2018 08:17
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Stuart Hall Research Network

Dear Colleagues,

The next Research Network event will be next week, Thursday 31st May, 6.30 – 9.00pm.

Artist collective Fresh New Anxieties will discuss their practice of designing sustainable self-care and professional frameworks in relations to chronic health conditions, disability and neurodiversity. They will also examine how austerity and accompanying micro-aggressions operate within creative contexts.

Free, all welcome but booking essential: http://www.iniva.org/programme/events/research-network-luxury/

[http://www.iniva.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/fna-image.jpg]<http://www.iniva.org/programme/events/research-network-luxury/>

Research Network: Luxury<http://www.iniva.org/programme/events/research-network-luxury/>
www.iniva.org

[cid:image001.jpg@01D3F340.168444E0]

Fresh New Anxieties

Meeting weekly at each other’s homes, Fresh New Anxieties try to create a community of care, centring collectivity and an empathetic but critical environment allowing people to speak openly about their struggles and self-doubt. This supports them to develop methodologies of radical self-care, unpicking ingrained ideas about their own value based on productivity and capacity for labour. All this as resistance to institutional structures which systematically contribute to people’s disempowerment and alienation, adding to an epidemic of poor mental and physical health.

“Each session we have organised is unique, and the real purpose of them is to facilitate conversations between people who would not necessarily talk to one another, about things they would not necessarily speak about, in an environment dedicated to mindful, radical communication.”

Read the whole interview here: http://www.iniva.org/blog/2018/05/10/an-interview-with-fresh-new-anxieties/

Stephanie Moran

Library and Information Manager

Iniva’s Stuart Hall Library

020 7749 1252

http://www.iniva.org<http://www.iniva.org/>

About Iniva

Iniva (Institute of International Visual Arts)<http://www.iniva.org/about/institute-of-international-visual-arts/> is an evolving, radical visual arts organisation dedicated to developing an artistic programme that reflects on the social and political impact of globalisation. With the Stuart Hall Library<http://www.iniva.org/library/> acting as a critical and creative hub for our work, we offer residencies, commission new work<http://www.iniva.org/programme/> and promote existing practices enabling artistic ambition and development.

New

Our newest set of Emotional Learning Cards,<http://www.iniva.org/shop/emocards/pre-order-now-lets-talk-about-values/> ‘Let’s talk about values’ are now available.

Support

Iniva is a registered charity. Please donate here<http://www.iniva.org/support/> or when visiting the Stuart Hall Library. Arts Council England will double every donation for a limited period, so your donation will go further in helping to support our artistic programme.

www.iniva.org<http://www.iniva.org/>