The recent publication of “The ISIS Files,” an investigation by Rukmini Callimachi, our terrorism correspondent, into thousands of internal Islamic State documents, has led to a thought-provoking conversation among our readers on the ethical and legal considerations journalists make when reporting in a war zone.

We invited our readers to submit questions for our journalists. Here is a selection, trimmed and lightly edited for clarity, and the responses by Rukmini and Michael Slackman, our international editor.

https://nyti.ms/2Hk8vzu
https://nyti.ms/2Hk8vzu+

--
Peterk