Thanks David. I’m going to order it.

best
Howard

On May 11, 2018, at 8:41 AM, David Seamon <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>> wrote:

All,

In regard to new books relating to space syntax, some of you might like to know that I have just published LIFE TAKES PLACE: PHENOMENOLOGY, LIFEWORLDS AND PLACE MAKING (Routledge, 2018). My main aim in the book is to explore place and lived emplacement generatively. I identify six place processes that I label place interaction, place identity, place release, place realization, place intensification, and place creation.

I discuss space syntax in relation to place intensification--the process via which elements and qualities of the physical, designable environment strengthen or weaken human wellbeing--in the case of space syntax, obviously, the ways that spatial configuration of pathways contribute to making a place one way rather than another.

Here's the Routledge link. By the way, if you decide to purchase, use the coupon code FLR40, and you will receive a 20% discount from the list price.

https://www.routledge.com/Life-Takes-Place-Phenomenology-Lifeworlds-and-Place-Making/Seamon/p/book/9780815380719
Life Takes Place: Phenomenology, Lifeworlds, and Place ...<https://www.routledge.com/Life-Takes-Place-Phenomenology-Lifeworlds-and-Place-Making/Seamon/p/book/9780815380719>
www.routledge.com<http://www.routledge.com/>
Life Takes Place argues that, even in our mobile, hypermodern world, human life is impossible without place. Seamon asks the question: why does life take place? He draws on examples of specific places and place experiences to understand place more…

David Seamon

Department of Architecture
Kansas State University
Manhattan, KS USA