Dear Friends, all,

I was very tempted with the idea of taking the lesser-known and almost unseen characters in Kipling's books based in India, and enlarging upon them with short stories and developing their own identities. One particular character I would love to develop a third-person short story or a series would be the mouse coloured Brahmin Bull in Motee Bazaar of Lahore who moves about with impunity in the very early pages of 'Kim', and such others.

There are many editions of Kim and Jungle Books and other titles being sold in India and elsewhere, and I wondered if any publisher had acquired copyright over Kipling's works that would prevent such a publication of short stories.

I would also love suggestions or thoughts about some of the fleeting characters in Kipling's books and would welcome your help and guidance.

Regards and best wishes

Bharat Bhushan
+91-9823338227
Pune, India