Agreed. Bearing in mind also that Christmas number they put together, published as ‘Quartette’.
On 28 May 2018, at 7:58 am, John Radcliffe <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: John Radcliffe <[log in to unmask]>
Date: 28 May 2018 at 07:57:27 BST
To: Brian Harris <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: 'To the other three'

Surely the ‘other three’ members of the Kiplings’ family square, which consisted of Alice, Rudyard, Trix, and Lockwood.

All best, John R

Sent from my iPhone

On 28 May 2018, at 07:51, Brian Harris <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

For my sins I answer questions on a web site called Quora. i wonder if anyone can help me with this question:

'What does the dedication “To The Other Three” in the book “Beast and Man in India” (John Lockwood Kipling, 1891) mean?'

A 2007 review of he book called this dedication 'cryptic'.

Any thoughts?