Dear Colleagues,

Next week on Thursday, 31st May, ILAS in collaboration with James Esson (Loughborough) is hosting a workshop on the Black Atlantic Footballer at Senate House, University of London. The workshop will particularly explore aspects of representation and mobilities, and offers a space for thinking of points of correlation and departure in the study of football in Brazil, the Caribbean, Africa, and Europe. We are really pleased to be joined by:

Aarti Ratna (Leeds Beckett)

Gary Armstrong (Brunel)

Colin King (Black and Asian Coaches Association)

Steve Bradbury (Loughborough)

and a keynote from Carmen Rial (Federal University of Santa Catarina).

Spaces are still available, registration is essential. For further information or bookings please visit: https://ilas.sas.ac.uk/events/event/15612

Very Best Wishes,

William

William Tantam

Postdoctoral Fellow

Centre for Integrated Caribbean Research

Institute of Latin American Studies

School of Advanced Study, University of London

Senate House

Malet Street

London WC1E 7HU

The University of London is an exempt charity in England and Wales. We are committed to achieving a 20% cut in emissions from University buildings by 2015. Please think before you print.