Dear all

I am working on a MA dissertation looking at the impact of the loss of the accreditation standard award for museums.  With cuts from central government, funding for councils in general, and museums in particular, is decreasing.  Museums are having to find new ways of generating the money to deliver their work.  Several councils and university governing bodies in the last decade have looked at their heritage collections to help fill the holes in their budgets.

At times like this the Arts Council, and their predecessor the Museums Libraries and Archives Council (MLA), have withdrawn the museums accreditation.  However there has been no study to see what impact this loss has on a museum.  My dissertation will look at the history of accreditation and, through questionnaires, will gauge the opinion of museum professionals on the scheme as a whole and on what difference it makes to them whether a museum has lost their accreditation or not.  For example would they lend to a museum who has lost their accreditation through an inappropriate sale but that meets all the requirements necessary for the loan?

Do you think Accreditation matters?  Please complete my survey as this project will only succeed with your help and contribution.

The link to my survey is: https://surveyhero.com/c/4c0161ff/b42729c274ba8ed6

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

Thank you very much!

Kind regards,
Sarah Chard-Cooper