Dear Andy

thanks for your suggestion; Lewis's book is ordinarily helpful but not here.  With the help of Alwyn Evans, I have identified some new characters:

Brych (a brindled person) is John Paynter.

Mr. Peswch equals Mr Cough (Lewis Morris' nickname for his lung condition).(thank you Geraint Jenkins The Foundations of Modern Wales).

 “Y Morthwyl Mawr” (the sledgehammer) was George II.(thank you Geraint Jenkins The Foundations of Modern Wales).

Pwtt/Pwt  is Lord Powis.

There are some other nicknames for people whom it would be nice to identify:

"Cornelius Agrippa"

“Rhodi Mawr”

"Rhonwyn"
William to Lewis Morris: 14 Dec 1754   (w) terrible of Townsend and Powell to join together vs the Crown; it was a pity they were not hanged, particularly Rhonwyn and as for the other he is as bad as he appears (I 324)

Yours Richard