Richard

I'd suggest you have a look at Christopher Schmitz's World Non-Ferrous
Metal Production and Prices, 1700-1976, London: Frank Cass, 1979.

Jeremy Mouat

Jeremy Mouat
Professor Emeritus, University of Alberta
334 Saint John St
Fredericton, NB  E3B 4B6
CANADA

On Mon, May 14, 2018 at 5:29 PM, Richard VandeWetering <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> Dear colleagues
>
> can any one recommend a book or article which gives year-by-year prices
> for copper (or copper ore) and lead (or lead ore) prices between 1730 and
> 1780, preferably by the ton?  I would like to learn about fluctuations in
> the market over this fifty-year period.
>
> WJ Lewis's "Lead Mining in Wales" includes a number of references to
> prices in its text, but it is not complete.
>
> I have checked Schumpeter "English Historical Trade Statistics", Mitchell
> and Deane "British Historical Statistics"  and Roger Burt's article "Lead
> Production in England and Wales 1700-1770".
>
> Any suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> Yours Richard VandeWetering
>

> If you need to leave the list, send the following message to
>
> leave mining-history
> ---------

If you need to leave the list, send the following message to [log in to unmask] -

leave mining-history
---------