I don't know but find it a very interesting question!

I would first contact retired professors to ask if they learned this classification in their long ago education. And maybe they have a hint to further back in history ...
Before screening historical professional books.

Best wishes
Claudia

    Am Freitag, 4. Mai 2018, 09:45:39 MESZ hat Ellie Jenkins <[log in to unmask]> Folgendes geschrieben:

 Hello
Does anyone know the original research or published location of the professional descriptions of first, second and third degree perineal tears? or the approximate time that these descriptors first started to be used.
Many thanks
Elinor JenkinsResearch midwife