Greetings all!
I am translating a miracle attributed to St. Cecilia from a 12th c. Icelandic text, and it occurs to me that I donīt know of any verbal descriptions of saints (especially virgin martyrs) as having halos. When the saints appear, they are often surrounded by a bright light (as is St. Cecilia in the present case), and she also has a ribbon around her head and her hair falls down onto her shoulders. This is in itself unproblematic, but I found myself wondering whether saints the halos saints are depicted with are ever described in visions or the like?
Thanks for any suggestions,

Meg