Dear All

Recently I have begun a new research venture, "When the Consumer Comes Last: Stakeholders in the British Contraceptive Screen 1955-1995", as part of the ERC sponsored BodyCapital project at the University of Strasbourg [“The healthy self as body capital: individuals, market-based societies and body politics in visual twentieth century Europe”].

I wonder, are any list members able to make suggestions as to literature that deals with contraception (or the broader issues of reproduction, abortion etc) on British TV for the above period? Ostensibly I am interested in factual TV but may well have to widen the scope to include other screens (for example trade films).

Perhaps there is something glaringly obvious in the literature that I am missing; my hope is that the kind people of MECSSA will point me in the right direction! Suggestions on any aspect would be welcome, including news of other researchers working in this area and, of course, primary sources.

Oh, and for anyone interested in the BodyCapital project as a whole (which deals with nutrition, movement, sexuality and dependency on French, British and German screens) here are some links:

1/ http://medfilm.unistra.fr/wiki/Body_Capital:Accueil

2/ https://dhvs.unistra.fr/en/recherche/bodycapital/

Naturally, BodyCapital is also happy to hear from researchers working in these fields who might be interested in future collaboration!

Yours hopefully,

Jess

--
Dr. Jessica Borge