*With apologies for cross posting*

Drawing Room is the only public, non-profit gallery in the UK and Europe dedicated to the investigation and presentation of international contemporary drawing.  Outset Study – is our free, open access research hub comprising a growing reference library of books on contemporary international drawing, Drawing Room publications and a programme of events and exhibition displays.

We are now looking for a volunteer to assist with our library services.  In this role you will assist with management of online resources and web content, stock management and the archives, as well as day to day library enquiries. You will gain experience assisting with Study events and library enquiries. You will learn research skills and how to handle publication acquisitions and exchanges.

You will have the opportunity to gain experience in a number of aspects of library management, as well as experience of working closely with our curators and gallery team to deliver an ambitious exhibitions and events programme.

Areas of work:

- Assisting with collection management and acquisitions

- Preparing library resources for exhibitions

- Library enquiries

- Assisting with library projects and the artist residency programme

- Editing webpages and uploading online resources to our website

- Assisting with reading groups and library events

- Assisting with education and outreach

Person specification:

- An interest in art librarianship, information management and contemporary art

- The ability to work independently and within a team

- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal

- Have exceptional attention to detail

- PC literate

- Flexibility to attend events on occasional evenings

- Available to commit to 2 days per week for 3 months

Further information:

Deadline:  11am Tues 14 January 2014

Interviews: Tues 21 January 2014

Start: January 2014

Expenses:

We are able to cover expenses for travel within London. There is also potential for additional paid work on Weekends.

For further information please contact the Study Librarian, Yamuna Ravindran, at [log in to unmask]