Dear all

Struggling with this search...

The questions we are trying to answer is "Has anyone done any research into what is the optimal length of placements for nursing students and how those placements are organised e.g. one day a week over a period of months or in chunks e.g. six weeks.?"

CP length/duration of stay is touched upon by a handful of papers (i.e. Levett-Jones 2008<https://eprints.soton.ac.uk/155021>, Warne 2010<https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20409620>), and queried by students (i.e.  https://www.nursingtimes.net/student-nurses-call-for-longer-clinical-placements/5014127.article).

Many guides/reports about CP arrangements/standards are available online (best ones from Australian HE sources), but the half dozen I ploughed through don't look at scheduling patterns. There could be something in the literature around Clinical Practice Coordinators, but it's not made visible by abstracts and blurbs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Kind regards
Marco

Marco Isetta
Head of Technology-enhanced Learning, Library and Knowledge Services
Office phone: 020 3317 3516
Mobile: 0780 271 7399
Email: [log in to unmask] <https://web.nhs.net/OWA/redir.aspx?C=M9e7Wt6N7UO8zdctPP9cBC7ugw0YY9BIrcuKWYVLiszpkrk4fvkNnq-yKbzw8SDLh_TaPxrnjY0.&URL=mailto%3amarco.isetta%40nhs.net>  Web: www.cnwl.nhs.uk<https://web.nhs.net/OWA/redir.aspx?C=M9e7Wt6N7UO8zdctPP9cBC7ugw0YY9BIrcuKWYVLiszpkrk4fvkNnq-yKbzw8SDLh_TaPxrnjY0.&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.cnwl.nhs.uk%2f>

Central and North West London NHS Foundation Trust
Library and Knowledge Services - Directorate of Integrated Education
Chamberlain House - St Charles Hospital
Exmoor Street
London W10 6DZ

Central and North West London NHS Foundation Trust (CNWL) is one of the largest non-acute trusts in the UK, caring for people with a wide range of physical and mental health needs. We have approximately 7,000 staff who provide healthcare to a third of London's population and across wider geographical areas, including Milton Keynes, Kent and Surrey.

As a Foundation Trust we involve service users, carers, the public, staff and partner organisations in the way that we are run and our future development. If you are interested in becoming a member of our Foundation Trust please visit: www.cnwl.nhs.uk/get-involved<https://web.nhs.net/OWA/redir.aspx?C=M9e7Wt6N7UO8zdctPP9cBC7ugw0YY9BIrcuKWYVLiszpkrk4fvkNnq-yKbzw8SDLh_TaPxrnjY0.&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.cnwl.nhs.uk%2fget-involved>