 Dear Maryann,
I would be very interested in your findings from this small piece of
research - would you share your findings to the list?
My own anecdotal reaction is that it depends on the student - quite able,
highly motivated students appear to make the time to engage with additional
resources if they appear relevant and look likely to help them improve
their grades.
Those who are time poor and struggling appear not to have the time to
engage with what appears to be additional work - and it is here that
actions, interventions and resources embedded in the curriculum can make
the most difference.
If the latter are your primary target, it can be useful to devise highly
context specific resources in liaison with course tutors - that has worked
well here at LondonMet.
Best wishes,
Sandra

--
Sandra Sinfield
University Teaching Fellow

--
London Metropolitan University is a limited company registered in England
and Wales with registered number 974438 and VAT registered number GB 447