*apologies for cross-prosting*

Dear colleagues,

On behalf of EO4GEO consortium I would like to ask for you contribution.

The Erasmus+ Sector Skills Alliances project "EO4GEO: Towards and innovative strategy for skills development and capacity building in the space geo-information sector supporting Copernicus user uptake" started last January and will run until December 2021. EO4GEO is about developing an innovative strategy for skills development and capacity building in the EO/GI field. It gathers 26 project partners from different countries and profiles.

As you know, this sector is rapidly evolving due to technological advances, a larger collection of open data (as Copernicus), and a broader user base. The evolution requires the adaptation of EO/GI training for matching the demanded skills on the market. Considering your expertise and potential interest in the initiative, we kindly ask you to support us in making EO/GI professionals ready for the future!

Two surveys about supply on Training and Education and demand of skills in the EO/GI sector, are available for your contribution at: http://www.eo4geo.eu/surveys/

  • In case you are providing EO/GI related training courses, please complete the survey on the supply of training. The objective of this survey is to individuate and analyse the EO/GI training offer at a European/National level.
  • In case you are working in the EO/GI sector (in a private, public or academic organization), please complete the survey on the demand of skills on the market. The objectives of the demand survey are to better understand the demands of current professional workforce and to highlight skills required on the EO/GI sector in the future.

The surveys will be open to all stakeholders until the end of June.

Please forward this message to your colleagues and to any organization you might think interested in contributing to our surveys.

Many thanks in advance!

Estefanía Aguilar Moreno

Institute of New Imaging Technologies (INIT) www.init.uji.es
Geospatial Technologies Research Group www.geotec.uji.es  // @geotecUJI
Espaitec 2, 5th floor
Office UB-1518
Phone +34 964 387686
Universitat Jaume I, E-12006, Castellón de la Plana, Spain