Might be of interest to some.

Best wishes,

Suchith

________________________________
From: GeoForAll <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Wang, Shaowen <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: 29 May 2018 19:19
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [Geo4All] Final CFP (go.illinois.edu/gsi-cfp2): Second NSF Workshop on Conceptualizing a National Geospatial Software Institute

Dear colleagues,

The National Science Foundation (NSF) has recently funded a project (http://gsi.cigi.illinois.edu) to conceptualize a national Geospatial Software Institute (GSI) as a long-term hub of excellence in geospatial software that can serve diverse research and education communities. We have strong momentum to conceptualize the GSI after the first workshop: http://gsi.cigi.illinois.edu/workshop/agenda/ that was a great success. The second workshop will take place in Chicago, IL, USA on July 15-17, 2018. July 15th is intended for an ice-breaking event on the evening so that most participants will be ready for the morning program on July 16th. We plan to wrap up the workshop by 1pm on July 17th.

We are inviting position papers: http://go.illinois.edu/gsi-cfp2 due on June 1, 2018, and look forward to your submissions. If your position paper is selected, you will receive NSF travel support to attend the workshop. Your help for spreading the word is greatly appreciated.

Thanks & best,

-Shaowen

------------

Shaowen Wang

Professor and Department Head

Richard and Margaret Romano Professorial Scholar

    Department of Geography and Geographic Information Science

Affiliate Professor

    Computer Science, Information Sciences, Urban & Regional Planning

Founding Director

    CyberGIS Center for Advanced Digital and Spatial Studies

University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, www.geog.illinois.edu<http://www.geog.illinois.edu>

attachment.

where permitted by law.