Dear Paramjeet,

Many thanks for your nice email.

For apatite work, IRMM-540R is the current and accepted substitute for
CN5, which you probably know is no longer available.
The IRMM standard glasses are available from a company called the
Institute for Reference Materials and Measurements (IRMM) in Belgium.
Our company, Autoscan Systems, does not itself purchase or supply this
material.
If you would like some standard glass, you will need to contact the
Institute directly.
More information (and pricing) here :
https://crm.jrc.ec.europa.eu/p/q/irmm-540r+/IRMM-540R-Oxide-glass-15-ppm-U/IRMM-540R

I have attached a copy of OnTrack Issue 23 to this email. On page 10 of
that document, there is some brief text about standard glasses and FTD
which may be of interest to you.
Please also check out this reference to IRMM-540R on page 76 of
"Advances in Fission-Track Geochronology" by by Peter van den Haute (ex
Belgium, now retired):
https://books.google.com.au/books?id=bTP7CAAAQBAJ&pg=PA76&lpg=PA76&dq=irmm+540&source=bl&ots=Xo-KCpZBJw&sig=WiIqlJWv4sCz8QgfQPtBhk5rZaM&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjLu4fVuM7VAhXIgbwKHY1mCNkQ6AEINzAE#v=onepage&q=irmm%20540&f=false

If you search for IRMM-540R using Google, you will find many hits.
I have also attached two further pdf documents relating to the IRMM-540R
standard glasses, and hope that theseĀ  may be useful to you.

The last time we received an email from IRMM was almost three years ago.
This came from :

Thomas Linsinger PhD, MBA
Responsible CRM Distribution
EC-JRC, Institute for Reference Materials and Measurements (IRMM)
Standards for Innovation and sustainable Development Unit
Retieseweg 111 , 2440 Geel , Belgium
Tel: +32 14 571 956 / Fax: +32 14 590 406
Internet : https://ec.europa.eu/jrc/en/reference-materials

I hope that the above is of some assistance with your search for
standard glass.

Kind regards,

Mike

--
		Michael Simon Krochmal, VK3KRO, CEO / President
                            Autoscan Systems Pty. Ltd.