A Call for Papers: EBM Manifesto in line with Evidence Live

Dear list

This week we have launched a call for papers that discuss, debate and consider solutions to the steps we have outlined in the EBM manifesto, and we’d like your help.

We are aiming to publish these papers in time for the Evidence Live Conference on the 18th to 20th of June in Oxford.

If you are interested in submitting a paper (see our submission guidelines for authors), then we’d like to hear from you. If you are not sure whether your article fits our remit, then do send a summary of the proposed article, including a summary of the main points to be made, to [log in to unmask] and we’ll get back to you with a response.

We will aim to publish these papers in time for the conference and make them freely available throughout the week. To achieve this, we need you to submit your article through ScholarOne by the 31st of May.

I look forward to hearing from you, and if not, see you at Evidence Live

Carl Heneghan

Editor in Chief, BMJ Evidence-Based Medicine

And Director CEBM, University of Oxford.

You can view a free version of the manifesto HERE

The nine steps in the EBM manifesto aim to improve the quality of evidence and better identify, implement and integrate evidence into practice.

1) Expand the role of patients, health professionals and policy makers in research

2) Increase the systematic use of existing evidence

3) Make research evidence relevant, replicable and accessible to end users.

4) Reduce questionable research practices, bias, and conflicts of interests

5) Ensure drug and device regulation is robust, transparent and independent

6) Produce better usable clinical guidelines.

7) Support innovation, quality improvement, and safety through the better use of real-world data.

8) Educate professionals, policymakers and the public in evidence-based healthcare to make informed choices.

9) Encourage the next generation of leaders in evidence-based medicine.