Interesting article in Financial Times on "Crop insecurity: what is the future of our food? " by Sayed Azam-Ali , might be of interest to those working in AgriGIS and Global Food Security

http://cffresearch.org/Conference-s-Symposium_Materials_-@-Crop_insecurity-;_What_is_the_future_of_our_food%5E.aspx#sthash.ADrM4xn5.KfDdMaKP.dpbs

Excellent research done by Sayed and team at Crops For the Future Research Centre (CFFRC) . I was lucky to get opportunity to do joint research  on geospatial binding for crop science  with Sayed and colleagues some years back.  We also explored ideas on  Bambara groundnut (Vigna subterranea) landrace origins [1] classified by genetic distance!

There are also very good life lessons shared by Sayed in the article  on how when he started research on this  (many were unimpressed and some even hostile telling him not to waste time on these crops!). Sayed has shown through his work that he is great scientist and visionary who went on to establish the first dedicated research centre on Under utilised  Crops in the world (in Malaysia). Well done Sayed!

Best wishes,

Suchith

[1] https://link.springer.com/article/10.1186/s40965-017-0034-3

attachment.