Thanks Marion

Your commentary has raised a hope that the recent posts are a minority of opinion within the group.

How much of the ‘language of disability’ in disability research of late has been influenced by the UK government, and the banner headlines of the tabloid press demonising chronically ill and disabled people has influenced recent commentary is unknown, but I would hazard a guess that it has clearly influenced some commenting in this exchange.

Adopting the DWP’s method of persuasion by publicly humiliating others is sad to see on this space, to the point where some members have asked to be removed from the group.

Laura’s comments below are especially helpful, and it is hoped that others take serious note of her contribution.

Mo

“Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about the things that matter.”

Martin Luther-King Jr

Mo Stewart

Disability studies researcher

Author of ‘Cash Not Care: the planned demolition of the UK welfare state’. New Generation Publishing 2016

https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Mo_Stewart/publications

*** The contents of this email are intended for the recipient only and may be confidential. Permission is not given for this information to be published, forwarded or distributed further. ***