Image copyright: ARA

Archive conservators: register for the best conservators’ conference in Europe

ARA Annual Conference, Glasgow, Scotland – 29-31 August 2018

Theme: ‘People Make Records’

Includes three-day conservation stream designed by - and for - conservators

The Archives and Records Association is the leading professional and membership organisation for record-keepers in the UK and Republic of Ireland.

We organise and run Europe’s leading and best-value annual conference for records managers, archivists and archive conservators. Our theme this year is 'People make Records'. Our location? The historic industrial city, educational centre and cultural and design pioneer that is Glasgow.

The Conference theme is inspired by the slogan of our host City - ‘People make Glasgow’ - and over the three days we will consider the following individual day themes:

Repair of 19th Century Oil-based Tracing Paper (copyright: Sheffield Archives)

As conservators attending the Conference, you get access to the wider sector debates and networking, plus a bespoke programme devised and designed by fellow professionals from the UK, Ireland and further afield. This programme will expose you to opinion-leaders and innovators in all the facets of the profession: the technical and standards piece, making the best use of resources and collaboration, and advocacy (among others). On the technical side, you will participate in practical and detailed conservation sessions on:

You’ll also get to hear best practice on working with volunteers and internsinternational collaboration in conservation, emerging thinking on future preservation, and using controlled environments, to name but a few.

Whatever your speciality, there will be chances to learn and contribute to the ever-moving dynamic debate. Attending conference is an excellent opportunity to listen and learn from some of the top practitioners in the conservation and preservation sector and to network with colleagues amongst convivial surroundings.

Metals Training Day (copyright: Sheffield Archives)

And then there’s the wider conference, with numerous case studies, keynote papers from leading researchers and campaigners in the sector covering marginalised communities and the disabled, digital preservation and records management.

The ARA Conference enables you ‘pick and mix’ your preferred sessions across all the major ‘streams’ and also catch up with many of those you have to miss (we video a number of sessions each day for you).

So, come and join several hundred colleagues and peers for tailored presentations and workshops that address the main issues facing our sector today, such as representation and diversity in records, amongst users and of those responsible for caring for records, as well as service provisionrecords and accountability and how we should evolve as a profession.

For full Conference details, see here: http://conference.archives.org.uk/

The Conference conservation stream is colour-coded green and can be found here .

The Conference includes quality on-site accommodation and all meals, so you just need to get yourself there. If you only have a day, try a special ‘day rate’. For costs/options, and to register, visit: http://conference.archives.org.uk/conference-registration.php

(Note: the ARA organises Conference and prices it to break even. It is not profit-making.)

---

Conference Committee

Archives and Records Association (UK & Ireland)

www.archives.org.uk

www.learnaboutarchives.ie

www.communityarchives.org.uk

ARA Annual Conference 2018

Grand Central Hotel, Glasgow

29 August – 31 August

Prioryfield House

20 Canon Street

Taunton

Somerset

TA1 1SW

The Information contained in this email is confidential. It is for the

exclusive use of the intended recipient(s) and not for circulating

without agreement. If you are not the intended recipient(s) you are

hereby notified that any circulation or copying of this email is

strictly prohibited. Any opinions expressed may be those of the

individual and not necessarily the Archives and Records Association (UK & Ireland).

Charity Registered in England and Wales Number 1041063

Charity Registered in Scotland Number SC041671

Registered Company Limited by Guarantee in England and Wales Number 2969472

Registered Office: Ground Floor, Blackbrook Gate 1, Blackbrook

Business Park, Taunton, Somerset TA1 2PX