**Apologies for cross-posting**

Sign up to our newsletter to receive 35% discount on all our books.

Stopping Rape: Towards a Comprehensive Policy by Sylvia Walby et al is now Open Access

"This book is a landmark. Filled to the brim with critical assessments and clear descriptions of the very best practices for stopping rape, it has the bonus of a complex theoretical understanding of what is needed to finally stop rape." Mieke Verloo, Radboud University, the Netherlands

'Stopping rape' has now been made Open Access, and is freely available to download from OAPEN.

Out this month

Miscarriages of justice

A handbook of food crime

Also in Criminology and Criminal Justice

Fake goods, real money

Listen to co-author Georgios Antonopouolos being interviewed on Talk Radio Europe.

Labour exploitation and work-based harm

Irish Abortion Referendum - May 25th

"A map through the quagmire of Ireland’s reproductive laws" Tara Flynn, Comedian, Actor and Repeal the 8th Campaigner

With the Irish Abortion Referendum approaching 'Repealing the 8th', by Fiona de Londras and Mairead Enright, is an essential read to understand the opportunity this presents for a new approach to abortion law in Ireland.

'Repealing the 8th' is free to read on OAPEN.

Journal of Gender-Based Violence

The Journal of Gender-Based Violence is sponsoring a drinks reception at the upcoming European Network on Gender and Violence conference (27th-29th June).

The free article of the month is:
The help-seeking process among women victims of partner violence in Italy
Bastiani, Federica; Saurel-Cubizolles, Marie-Josčphe; Romito, Patrizia

'Custody visits by members of the public are failing to hold police to account'

John Kendall, author of 'Regulating police detention', has written an article in the Conversation based on his research:

Custody in police stations is a very locked-down affair. People who have been arrested and are detained spend most of the time isolated in their cells. Custody visitors, the only outsiders who get to see the detainees, are neither respected by the police nor trusted by the detainees.

Read more

Interested in writing for us?

Policy Press is looking for books in criminology.

We are actively seeking new work in:

For more information please contact Rebecca Tomlinson ([log in to unmask]).

TIME IS RUNNING OUT!

The new data protection rules come into place in less than two weeks on 25th May. Please sign up to our mailing lists again to make sure you continue to get all our books and journals news.

New this month from Bristol University Press:

cid:image001.jpg@01D3EC63.011F1CD0

cid:image003.gif@01D39464.997EC9A0 cid:image004.gif@01D39464.997EC9A0  cid:image005.gif@01D39464.997EC9A0

In 2018 Policy Press are supporting The Shannon Trust – please donate here!

Bristol University Press / Policy Press
1-9 Old Park Hill, Clifton, Bristol BS2 8BB, UK