Dear All,

I'm working on a particle which have C9 symmetry but only has 100 kDa MW.
RELION works well before 3D classification. However, Auto3D_refine always
gives a resolution at 4.326A exactly whatever dataset size I changed from
160k to 50k. More strangely, when I run PostProcess, the resolution
reported is 4.326A as well, exactly same as before. However, when I viewed
3D models before and after PostProcess, resolution was improved obviously.
After post process, I can see side chains clearly, and even pigment
molecules in the protein. Resolution of the map is definitely higher than
before post process, around 3.5-3.7A roughly as I estimated. I viewed FSC,
in high resolution region, it is quite noise. Is this because RELION does
not use C9 symmetry for FSC calculation?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Best regards

Dr. Pu Qian
The University of Sheffield