Yes that's a good quote Luke.

But I can still recall a line from Edwin Brock about the breakfast bore who
bangs on the table which had an equal stake in authenticity. Not sure
whether it made Brock a good poet.

I really like a number of Denise Riley's poems but not necessarily the
confessionals. Although the very simple second line is made by the first.

dave