I was in the fortunate position of being on the team that spec'd our new content management system, so made the case for a combined CMS/DAMS and haven't looked back since. Having all the object information and images in one place means metadata is automatically added on ingestion. I also have a bulk ingestion tool that adds IPTC metadata and will not allow users to add images without any metadata.

I don't have to worry about the CMS talking to the DAMS, it's also browser based so can work on any device anywhere.

However, I do a lot of metadata entry using the templates in Adobe Bridge, it's a really powerful tool and free, you don't actually need to purchase any Adobe product to use it, just get the free Creative Cloud account.

Tony

Tony Harris
Digital Media & Photography Manager
Government Art Collection

Queen's Yard, Tottenham Court Road, London, W1T 7PA
[log in to unmask] | 020 7211 2426

cid:image002.jpg@01CF86F9.22C2BC80@govartcol  cid:image003.jpg@01CF86F9.22C2BC80 /governmentartcollection | www.gac.culture.gov.uk