Dear all,

You may know I am currently a lecturer based at the Centre for Human
Computer Interaction Design at City, University of London.

The centre's annual conference is returning this Friday and I would like to
invite you and your team to attend as I think it would be of interest to
you.

This year’s HCID Open Day will be on Friday 4th May 2018 (Star Wars day!).
The theme for this year will be ‘*Beyond the Screen*’ and will focus on
designing non screen based interactions, exploring technology that has made
the jump from science fiction into reality and how UX thinking can be used
for more than just interfaces.

I'll be presenting on comics and collaborative arts practice as HCID
methodology building on the project Simon Grennan, Peter Wilkins and I have
been working on using comics to tell stories about dementia care. (Find out
more about our project at https://blogs.city.ac.uk/parablesofcare/).

We will also have talks relating to Voice Interactions, Smart Homes,
Robots, Wearables and VR, maker spaces, etc.  We’re very excited to
have *Kristina
Hook* and *Bill Gaver* as this year’s keynotes.

You can find details of this year’s speakers on our conference website
http://hcidopenday.co.uk/.

The event will start at 10:30am, and run until 5:15pm, followed by an after
party at a nearby pub!

Tickets for the event are available on Eventbrite.
https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/hcid-open-day-2018-beyond-the-screen-tickets-44666147650

We are charging refundable deposits this year to raise attendance. *But as
a friend of **HCID you can input promo code FRIENDSOFHCID to avoid paying
it.*

It would be lovely to see some of you there!

Best regards,

Ernesto
@ernestopriego
http://epriego.blog/ <https://epriego.wordpress.com/>
The Comics Grid: Journal of Comics Scholarship http://www.comicsgrid.com/
Parables of Care: https://blogs.city.ac.uk/parablesofcare/
The Power of Sharing: https://doi.org/10.6084/m9.figshare.5993392.v1
El Poder de Compartir: https://doi.org/10.6084/m9.figshare.6061460.v3

The information contained in this email is confidential and may be legally
privileged. It is intended for the addressee(s) only. If you are not the
intended recipient, please delete this e-mail. The contents of this e-mail
must not be forwarded, disclosed or copied without the sender's consent.
author and do not necessarily reflect those of any related organisations,
projects, colleagues or employers.