David,

Many thanks for the disagreement. I will be looking forward to reading your book. I believe that I understand your phenomenological perspective on wholeness. But the wholeness Alexander defined is a kind of physics or mathematics, and it reflects in human minds and cognition as well. Taking a paper with a tiny dot for example, it is able to induce about 20 centers which constitute a coherent whole or living structure:

This kind of living structure is governed by two fundamental laws: scaling law and Tobler's law. These two laws are what underlie the 15 fundamental properties Alexander conceived and developed in The Nature of Order. With the wholeness, we are able to objectively judge what is beauty, what is ugly, and even how much beautiful or ugly; see my recent talk addressed to the first European asymmetry symposium in Nice:

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/323835538_Scaling_Law_and_Tobler's_Law_for_Characterizing_Asymmetry_in_Geography

Some of your papers have been circulated in that pattern science community. Thanks for your work!

Cheers.

Bin