Margarita & Sophia,

Margarita, thanks for requesting this early article, and Sophia, thanks for posting it. I start my unit on space syntax in my “environmental design & society” class tomorrow, so having this entry pop up is pure serendipity and a heartening reminder of the core of the theory. One forgets how clear, forceful, and to the point Bill and Julienne’s early presentations of space syntax were. Great pleasure to reread this piece from the early days when space-syntax theory was its own complete self without all the accoutrements that crop up today, many of them distracting and, in my mind, unnecessary.

David Seamon

From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of SOPHIA PSARRA
Sent: Sunday, April 15, 2018 12:36 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [SPACESYNTAX] Against Enclosure

Dear Margarita,

Here it is.

Best

Sophia

Dr SOPHIA PSARRA
Reader of Architecture and Spatial Design

The Bartlett School of Architecture
Faculty of the Built Environment
University College London (UCL)
22 Gordon Street
London, WC1H 0QB
United Kingdom

E: [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]

W: https://www.ucl.ac.uk/bartlett/architecture/dr-sophia-psarra

Forthcoming: The Venice Variations (2018), London: UCLPress
https://www.ucl.ac.uk/ucl-press/browse-books/the-venice-variations

Published: Architecture and Narrative (2009), London: Routledge
http://www.routledge.com/books/details/9780415343763/