The Home Office destroyed thousands of landing card slips recording
Windrush immigrants’ arrival dates in the UK, despite staff warnings that
the move would make it harder to check the records of older Caribbean-born
residents experiencing residency difficulties.

A former Home Office employee said the records, stored in the basement of a
government tower block, were a vital resource for case workers when they
were asked to find information about someone’s arrival date in the UK from
the West Indies – usually when the individual was struggling to resolve
immigration status problems.

http://bit.ly/2qGMDcn
http://bit.ly/2qGMDcn+

--