Hi Brittnei,

Sorry for not responding much earlier. I have copied Katy, my co-partner for the project.

In terms of what we’re looking for, we had the following in mind, but would be very happy to hear your thoughts:

1)     15-25min documentary of the project (mainly featuring bespoke science festivals), with the aim to feature the film on websites and news sites etc to promote the project, generate future support and encourage others to develop similar projects.

2)     Short (2min) films about the winners of ‘innovation competitions’ (taking place during the science festivals), where school groups will be invited to design an invention that is innovative/tackles a real-world problem/etc. These would be used on social media to promote the project and also show fellow Nigerians they can be involved in problem-solving through science.

3)     3) Run a one-day workshop with local journalists about the importance of accurate science communication/how to/scientific writing/etc.

As earlier mentioned, we’re looking for someone willing to travel to Nigeria twice in the first year, each time for around 5 days (TBC), then once in the subsequent years for around 5 days (TBC). I appreciate the outline is brief, but if you can provide an estimate of costs we’d be grateful, and any initial ideas you have.

Many thanks

Mahmoud