Participating in the 2018 ALARA workshop on, ‘Where do we go from here in contributing to The Action Learning and Action Research Legacy for Transforming Social Change?’  University of Vermont, USA 17-20 June 2018.

Calling all Living Theory researchers who want to:

People from around the world have been contributing to a conversation of an international community of living theory researchers begun at the ARNA conference in 2015. Since then the conversation has continued during various events where people have contributed through their living-posters (latest can be accessed from http://www.actionresearch.net/writings/posters/homepage020617.pdf) and some have also been able to join through SKYPE or been present in person. The successful workshop proposal from Jack Whitehead, Jacqueline Delong and Marie Huxtable can be accessed from http://www.actionresearch.net/writings/jack/jwjddmhALARAworkprop250118.pdf , on Where do we go from here in contributing to ‘The Action Learning and Action Research Legacy for Transforming Social Change?’  at the ALARA World Congress 2018 in Vermont offers an opportunity for us to continue the conversation.

Whether or not you will be in Vermont, or can connect through SKYPE, you can still have a presence and help spread globally the influence of knowledge that carries hope for the flourishing of humanity by sending me ASAP or by 17th May:

1.            Examples of your published accounts where you have researched into something important to you with questions of the form, ‘How do I…?’ and included values-based explanations of your educational influence in learning. Send us PDF or WORD files of papers/chapters/presentations or prepublication drafts that don’t breach copyright and/or urls for where your published work can be accessed.

2.     Your individual living-poster and posters of groups and networks of which you are a member.
Although only a few people can take part in the event in person or through SKYPE we can extend the possibilities of new connections being made by drawing attention to your work and making it available at and after the event if you:

i.       Create and upload an approximately 2-3 minute video-clip to YouTube of you that communicates the essentials of your context, interests, values as the explanatory principles and living standards of judgment to which you hold yourself accountable in your practice and research passions.

ii.     Send us your living-poster, a pdf of an attractive A4 ‘flier’ which includes brief details of the following: context, interests, ontological and relational values that motivate you, research passions, details of a few of your key publications, the url to your website if you have one, your contact details and the url to your YouTube video. For examples and details visit http://www.actionresearch.net/writings/posters/homepage020617.pdf. If you already have a living-poster we will link your previous one/s to your new one.

If you have problems, such as with videoing or uploading to YouTube, or questions please don’t hesitate to get in contact.

Do please circulate this note to other Living Theory researchers you know who might like to contribute.

Looking forward to hearing from you with your living-poster by 17th May and in the meantime, hope you can enjoy a smile and pass it on.

Marie Huxtable PhD, MEd (Ed Psych)

Visiting Research Fellow, University of Cumbria
See the Educational Journal of Living Theories (EJOLTS) at: http://ejolts.net .
Visit the Living Posters and find and join other community members