Yes, I believe we have all agreed that tunes will not change (except bug fixes only). We can add revisions of the existing tunes (if necessary) with new names as tuning work continues throughout the v3 lifecycle. Then, moving on to v4, with all the necessary clean up and removal of outdated models, it won’t be possible to maintain all the v3 tunes. We can make a choice though to try to preserve some of the most successful and commonly used ones (almost) as is (as we do now with the G00xyz tunes), but generally this won’t be possible. However, most of the v4 tunes will be evolutions of the v3 tunes and you can try to emphasise continuity. But I think the lifetime of a tune, to first order, is the same as the lifetime of a major release.
cheers