Dear colleagues

We are pleased to invite you to the IENE 6 National Seminar which will take place on the 29th June 2018 from 9:00 to 14:30.

We invite health workers and volunteers who work with or are interested in working with refugees as well as refugees to attend this event to find out about the project and how you can contribute, discuss the issue with other healthcare professionals and join hands together on better support refugees and migrants.

The IENE 6 aims to develop a knowledge hub (KHub) for nurses and other health professionals and volunteers who are dealing with or will be dealing with migrants and refugees from the current massive waves of displaced people which are reaching Europe and who are experiencing massive traumas and tragedies in their endeavours to flee to a safe and 'better' place for themselves and their families. http://ienerefugeehub.eu.

All attendees will have the opportunity to attend a book launch event directly after the seminar, and all attendees will receive a free copy of the book as a thank you for attending the event. This is the latest book published by Professor Irena Papadopoulos on “Culturally Competent Compassion.

Places are limited, so please make sure you book your place by following this link https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/iene-6-national-seminar-enabling-health-workers-to-provide-psychological-support-to-migrants-and-tickets-45430522917

A light breakfast buffet, lunch and drinks will be provided.

We look forward to seeing you there!

Kind regards

rena

Dr Irena Papadopoulos,

Professor of Transcultural Health and Nursing,
Head, Research Centre for Transcultural Studies in Health,

School of Health and Education,
Middlesex University,
The Burroughs,
London NW4 4BT,
UK.
Tel: +44 208 411 6626

Follow me on Twitter  @irena_pap
Please visit the CARESSES website (culturally competent robots project) www.caressesrobot.org
Subscribe to [log in to unmask]
 Check out my new bookCulturally Competent Compassion. A Guide for Healthcare Students and Practitioners.Routledge. Order now. Available in April 2018