Dear Colleagues

If you are interested in issues around children’s content and forced migration, please can I draw your attention to two things associated with our Arts and Humanities Research Council (AHRC) Project on Children’s Screen Content in an Era of Forced Migration: Facilitating Arab-European Dialogue.

1.       The publication of a report from our first workshop, hosted by the BBC at the Children’s Global Media Summit in Manchester last December.  You can download it here from our website.

2.       Our forthcoming pre-festival workshop at the Prix Jeunesse Festival in Munich on 24 May. You can find the programme here.  The workshop is free but requires registration (the main Prix Jeunesse Festival is also free to attend but requires registration).  If you would like to attend our workshop please email: [log in to unmask]

The aim of the project is to get European content producers, broadcasters, commissioning editors, regulators, advocates and others thinking about the media needs and wants of young children affected by forced migration – both children in families from Syria, Iraq and elsewhere, and those born in Europe who have watched them arrive. The aim is also to facilitate dialogue and, and to get this conversation going we have invited Arab stakeholders and experts to discuss European content for children that focuses on forced migration and more general issues of diversity and inclusion.

To find out more, including our forthcoming Symposium in London on 14th September, please visit our website on https://euroarabchildrensmedia.org/

Best wishes

Jeanette Steemers

Professor of Culture, Media &