*apologies for cross-posting*
https://www.cilip.org.uk/page/election18
This local election join CILIP's campaign and convince candidates to Think Libraries
CILIP, the library and information association, is writing to candidates ahead of the local elections in England on 3rd May about the importance of libraries to encourage them to become library champions and remind them why libraries matter.
In his letter to candidates CILIP President Ayub Khan says, "Public libraries have transformed in recent years to become a true 'hub' at the heart of their communities. They offer opening hours to suit local needs, high-quality Internet and WiFi access, business and enterprise support, local information and digital skills along with a huge range of events and activities that add richness to the lives of local residents."
Join our campaign and convince your candidates to Think Libraries.
We've created a digital postcard with statistics and tips for talking to candidates in your area.
Download the postcard here<https://www.cilip.org.uk/resource/resmgr/cilip/advocacy/election_watch_2018/Election_Watch_2018_Digital_.pdf>
Support the campaign using #LibrariesMatter
We have worked with the Local Government Association on their free councillor guide, Delivering local solutions for public library services which we have shared in our letter to candidates. Download a free copy here<https://www.local.gov.uk/delivering-local-solutions-public-library-services>

                                                 _
Rachel Kudlick
Events Marketing
Working Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday

T 020 7255 0688
www.cilip.org.uk/join
CILIP, the library and information association
7 Ridgmount St, London, WC1E 7AE