Dear all

SCIMPSIGS

SCIMP Special Interest Groups

An Open Platform for eHealth in Scotland: evolution or revolution?

Dinner and conversations: Evening of Friday 18th May 2018, from 20:00
Meeting and discussions: Saturday 19th May 2018, 09:00 to 16:00
The Highland Hotel, Stirling

The Cairn Collection

The Stirling Highland Hotel | The Cairn Collection | Book Direct For Best Price

Originally built as a school, The Stirling Highland Hotel lies in easy reach of Glasgow and Edinburgh, with a spa, meeting and wedding venues. Learn more.

“Data is the centre of the universe, applications are ephemeral”

SCIMP are hosting this health informatics Special Interest Group meeting for health and eHealth professionals across NHS Scotland and the rest of the UK.
Over the past 30 years of healthcare in Scotland patients’ medical data has become locked into provider application dependent silos. We attest that this “application-centric” model restricts flow of data around the healthcare system and makes it harder for SMEs to break into the market. We will discuss the potential benefits, risks and cultural challenges of creating an open platform for Scottish eHealth. Is this the future architecture of our health systems?

FORMAT
Discussions will follow the Chatham House Rule
Delegates are invited to arrive on the Friday evening for dinner before the relatively informal meeting on the Saturday from 09:00 am to 16:00. Our meetings reporter will author a report of the meeting for agreement by all attendees and eventual publication.

COST
per person (£112.50+VAT)
Dinner, B&B, lunch and meeting room facilities are included in the cost.

HOW TO BOOK
Please book your place via https://book.shsc.scot/sigs2018
SCIMPSIGS Flyer 2018 V2 (2).pdf (440.8 KB)

ABOUT SCIMP

SCIMP is a professional health informatics advisory group for NHS Scotland.
http://www.scimp.scot.nhs.uk/
SCIMPSIGS are not for profit and organisers and reporters are volunteers.

Paul
(with apologies for nicking the PHCSG Format,and for cross posting!)