Call for Papers

TIE 2018 - 2nd EAI International Conference on Technology, Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Education
September 4-5, 2018
Ravensbourne College, London, Great Britain.
http://educateinnovate.org/

Creative Workshop – The Teaching and Learning of Creativity

This workshop encourages contributions that address the teaching and learning of creativity in Higher Education. Can students learn to be creative? How do different disciplines deal with creativity, and how do the structural constraints of university environments and teaching systems impact on the learning of creativity? We are particularly interested in the relationship between theories of creativity and the practice of being creative; how is this relationship between theory and practice played out, both in academia and in the workplace?

We welcome case studies of teaching methods, projects, programmes and modules that address these problems. We aim to assemble a rich collection of pedagogical experiences, from a range of disciplines. We seek experiences and examples from any area – from the fine art studio to the computer lab, and from the architecture office to the engineering faculty. Above all, we hope to illustrate the diversity of attitudes and approaches to be found in the teaching of creativity, and in so doing create an inspiring forum for the sharing of innovative practice.

Questions addressed by case studies and research papers could be, but are not limited to:

Can students learn to be creative, and what are the barriers to learning to be creative?
How do different disciplines in the academy deal with creativity, and are there different types of creativity?
How can we assess creativity?
What is the relationship between professional creative practice and academic approaches to understanding creativity?
How do the structural and physical constraints of university environments and teaching conventions impact on the teaching and learning of creativity?
What is the relationship between theories of creativity and the practice of being creative?

The CREATIVE Workshop takes place as part of the International Conference on Technology, Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Education (TIE’18). Participants can attend just the workshop or the conference as a whole.

Paper submission:
Papers should be submitted through EAI ‘Confy‘ system here, and have to comply with the Springer format (see Author’s kit section on conference website).

Important Dates:
Workshop Paper Submission deadline – 15 May 2018
Workshop Notification deadline – 15 June 2018
Workshop Camera-ready papers deadline – 15 July 2018
Workshop Organiser –  Andrew Jackson, Director of the COaST research and knowledge exchange group at Canterbury Christ Church University Business School

Contact:
For more information please contact Andrew Jackson ([log in to unmask]).