Dear Information Professionals,

*with apologies for cross-posting*

CILIP TV would like to invite you to a talk by Lucy Sinclair, the New Professional Support Officer for CILIP South East, combined with our 2018 Annual General Meeting.

A Newly Qualified Librarian takes on the New Professional Support Officer role, by Lucy Sinclair

Hi, I’m Lucy Sinclair, the New Professional Support Officer for CILIP South East. I am interested in talking about anything library related with new professionals and aspiring librarians. As the New Professional Support Officer, my role is to provide a platform for new professionals, library students and graduate trainees in the South East to get their ideas heard. I am also there to offer guidance, support and a listening ear.

Lucy’s talk will focus on the following areas:

The importance of New Professionals in the library and information sector
Getting involved with the library profession
Starting the chartership process
Networking tips

Date and Time: Wednesday 9 May, 5.30pm

5.30pm: CILIP Thames Valley AGM

6pm: A Newly Qualified Librarian takes on the New Professional Support Officer role, by Lucy Sinclair

Where: Oxford Central Library

Address:  Oxford Central Library, Queen Street, Westgate, Oxford, OX1 1DJ

For a map and directions please see: https://bit.ly/2GOMWYk

Disabled access and facilities available.

There is no charge for this event, but places are limited, so please book early if you want to join us.

RSVP & contact details: please book by emailing Nora Khayi: [log in to unmask]

Yours,
Matthew Henry
CILIP in the Thames Valley