Hi all,

If you are in London on Tuesday, I would like to warmly invite you to join us to celebrate the life and work of a prolific writer through the exhibition comeback mother: Buchi Emecheta. The mid-way exhibition reception takes place at Kingsway Corridor, Richard Hoggart Building, Goldsmiths University of London 5-8pm.

We are delighted to be joined by Irenosen Okojie who will read from her collection, Speak Gigantular.

This showing is in fragments and centers on Buchi Emecheta’s personal archive: books, manuscripts, plays, personal letters, publishers letters, notebooks, ephemera, essays, newspapers and unpublished material.

The exhibition is being installed durationally in parts unfolding between Thursday 5 April and Thursday 19 April.

https://www.gold.ac.uk/calendar/?id=11483

https://www.facebook.com/events/946974125462331/

Thanks all very much,

Jessa

——————————————————————

Jessa Mockridge

Reader Services Assistant

Reader Services Team

The Library

Goldsmiths, University of London

New Cross, London, SE14 6NW

www.gold.ac.uk/library

+44 (0)207 919 3164

jmock013@gold.ac.uk

@goldsmithslib

Visit the official page of ARLIS UK & Ireland http://www.arlis.net/Home. Subscribe to https://arlismatters.wordpress.com/, to receive regular posts on art library and archive matters; news, print and digital art and design resources, artists’ books, recent and upcoming events and exhibitions, ARLIS/UK & Ireland publications, job listings and professional profiles.