Dear list members
I’d like to share some archaeological research articles in Historic England Research digital magazine Issue 8 https://historicengland.org.uk/whats-new/research/
· “Lidar and field survey of Warton Crag hilltop enclosure”: Shining new light on a scheduled ‘hillfort’ in Lancashire (that may not actually be one) .https://historicengland.org.uk/whats-new/research/lidar-field-survey-warton-crag/
· “Snodhill Castle, Peterchurch, Herefordshire” – revealing a marcher castle: https://historicengland.org.uk/whats-new/research/snodhill-castle-peterchurch-herefordshire/
· “Working on the edge”- Our changing perceptions of the wreck of HMS Colossus. https://historicengland.org.uk/whats-new/research/working-on-the-edge/
· “The past as the key to the future”- Reconstructing past sea levels on the Isles of Scilly, and projecting how the island landscape might change in the future. https://historicengland.org.uk/whats-new/research/past-as-key-to-future/
· “Writing Mucking” - Preparing a major 1960s excavation at Mucking, Essex, for publication. https://historicengland.org.uk/whats-new/research/writing-mucking/
If you prefer to digest and share information in PDF form you can get a free download of Issue 8 of the magazine including this and other articles. https://historicengland.org.uk/images-books/publications/historic-england-research-8/
Investigation and Analysis Department
Direct Dial: 01793 414617
Historic England | The Engine House | Fire Fly Avenue |Swindon |SN2 2EH
We help people understand, enjoy and value the historic environment, and protect it for the future.
Historic England is a public body, and we champion everyone’s heritage, across England.
Follow us: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram Sign up to our newsletter
Help us create a list of the 100 places which tell England's remarkable story and its impact on the world.
A History of England in 100 Places sponsored by
We have moved! Our new London office is at 4th Floor, Cannon Bridge House, 25 Dowgate Hill, London, EC4R 2YA.