Dear list members

I’d like to share some archaeological research articles in Historic England Research digital magazine Issue 8 https://historicengland.org.uk/whats-new/research/

·         “Lidar and field survey of Warton Crag hilltop enclosure”: Shining new light on a scheduled ‘hillfort’ in Lancashire (that may not actually be one) .https://historicengland.org.uk/whats-new/research/lidar-field-survey-warton-crag/

·         “Snodhill Castle, Peterchurch, Herefordshire” – revealing a marcher castle: https://historicengland.org.uk/whats-new/research/snodhill-castle-peterchurch-herefordshire/

·         “Working on the edge”- Our changing perceptions of the wreck of HMS Colossus. https://historicengland.org.uk/whats-new/research/working-on-the-edge/

·         “The past as the key to the future”- Reconstructing past sea levels on the Isles of Scilly, and projecting how the island landscape might change in the future. https://historicengland.org.uk/whats-new/research/past-as-key-to-future/

·         “Writing Mucking” - Preparing a major 1960s excavation at Mucking, Essex, for publication. https://historicengland.org.uk/whats-new/research/writing-mucking/

If you prefer to digest and share information in PDF form you can get a free download of Issue 8 of the magazine including this and other articles. https://historicengland.org.uk/images-books/publications/historic-england-research-8/

Kind regards

Robin

Robin Page

Digital Coordinator

Investigation and Analysis Department

Direct Dial: 01793 414617

Historic England | The Engine House | Fire Fly Avenue |Swindon |SN2 2EH

https://historicengland.org.uk/research/

Historic England Logo

We help people understand, enjoy and value the historic environment, and protect it for the future. Historic England is a public body, and we champion everyone’s heritage, across England.
Follow us:  Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram     Sign up to our newsletter

Help us create a list of the 100 places which tell England's remarkable story and its impact on the world. A History of England in 100 Places sponsored by Ecclesiastical.

We have moved! Our new London office is at 4th Floor, Cannon Bridge House, 25 Dowgate Hill, London, EC4R 2YA.

This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain personal views which are not the views of Historic England unless specifically stated. If you have received it in error, please delete it from your system and notify the sender immediately. Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance on it. Any information sent to Historic England may become publicly available.