From: Admin-student <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Judith Davison
Sent: 20 April 2018 12:51
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: FW: Query about length of sandwich placement years

Dear Colleagues,

Some of you have already responded to the email I sent out around Easter, but I’m hoping by re-sending this request I might elicit a few more responses as the original email may just have got lost in the mountains of things waiting for you on your return after the Easter break!

I hope you will be able to help with an issue that is taxing our placement units in relation to the length of a placement year.

Our regulations currently state that in order to qualify for a sandwich award, students must take 48 weeks of placement activity.

Our placement units are saying that this is starting to cause them problems in a number of areas, and would like to make a case that a lower number of weeks should be acceptable, in certain cases.

Please could you let me have the answers to the following questions:

1.     Do you have a minimum and maximum number of weeks that students have to undertake placement activity to gain a sandwich award?

2.     Are there differences between subject areas, or just a university standard?

3.    Do you have any guidance/something in your regs about exceptional circumstances eg where a company goes out of business?

Thanking you in anticipation of your help with this – I will collate responses and post to the list

Judith A Davison
Project Manager

Vice-Chancellor’s Office: Planning and Information Services
University of Huddersfield | Queensgate | Huddersfield | HD1 3DH

Please note my usual working days are Tuesday to Friday

University of Huddersfield inspiring tomorrow's professionals.
Image removed by sender.

University of Huddersfield inspiring tomorrow's professionals.