Dear metamorphic rock enthusiasts and professionals,

The abstract submission deadline for Goldschmidt 2018 (Boston, August 12-17) is fast approaching. If you are planning on attending, we invite you to submit an abstract to Session 03f: Metamorphic Records of Lithospheric Processses: Everyday, Exceptional, and Extreme. More information is shown below:

Conveners: Victor Guevara (Skidmore College), Matt Kohn (Boise State University), Jay Ague (Yale University), Daniel Viete (Johns Hopkins University)

Keynote: Daniela Rubatto (Universität Bern)

Invited Speakers: Lucie Tajcmanova (ETH Zurich), Alberto Vitale Brovarone (UPMC)

Description: Metamorphic rocks are an archive of lithospheric-scale geodynamic processes. This session is a general call for contributions that focus on the study of exhumed metamorphic rocks across a variety of length-scales to inform our understanding of the mechanisms for heat and mass transfer through Earth’s lithosphere, and how such mechanisms have evolved throughout Earth history. We particularly encourage submissions that emphasize: novel perspectives on classic, “everyday” metamorphic paradigms (e.g. deviations from thermodynamic equilibrium or lithostatic pressure), exceptional cases of rapid (< 1 Myr) or prolonged (>100 Myrs) episodes of metamorphism, and extreme (e.g. UHT, UHP) examples of crustal metamorphism. This session aims to consider the role of metamorphic processes in geodynamics and lithospheric evolution at all length-scales—from sub-microscopic to outcrop and orogenic.

The abstract submission deadline is March 30.

Submit an abstract here

We hope to see you in Boston this summer!

Cheers,
Victor, Matt, Jay and Daniel