I would like to join a hosting Bibo as well. --Stuart

On Thu, Mar 15, 2018 at 3:56 AM, Sam Oh <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
I am interested in this topic

Sam

On Thu, 15 Mar 2018 at 7:20 PM Paul Walk <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Boxbe This message is eligible for Automatic Cleanup! ([log in to unmask]) Add cleanup rule | More info
Hi Adrian,
this is an interesting proposition. Rather than discussing this on the architecture forum, perhaps we could have a conversation about this?

If anyone here is interested in joining that conversation, please let me know directly ([log in to unmask]) and I’ll set up a group call.

Thanks,

Paul

> On 15 Mar 2018, at 08:58, Adrian Pohl <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> the Bibliographic Ontology (Bibo) has been down for several weeks now. As this is the second time in two years that the ontology is not available for some time, I think it would be best to give hosting of this ontology into the hands of a more stable organization. I couldn't think of a better fit than DCMI. I asked on the Bibo mailing list whether it would be ok for the creators to let DCMI take over Bibo hosting and they would be ok with it.
>
> Now the question is whether DCMI is actually interested in taking over Bibo hosting. Bibo has been an important ontology for representing bibliographic data in RDF for quite some time. Over time, it got more and more competition by ontologies from the library world (RDA, Bibframe etc.) and schema.org. Anyway, it is still used in several data sets (e.g. several bibliographic data sets from German library service centers). Also, it is already linked to DC terms, e.g. in specializing some of its properties (e.g. dct:contributor).
>
> What do you think about taking over the hosting? Is this something DCMI could do?
>
> All the best
> Adrian

Paul Walk
http://www.paulwalk.net

Managing Director, DCMI
http://www.dublincore.org

Director, Antleaf Ltd
http://www.antleaf.com
Sent from Gmail Mobile

--
Stuart A. Sutton, Metadata Consultant
Associate Professor Emeritus, University of Washington