Message from Dr  Adam Boies:

Real-world vehicle emissions have garnered interest recently, owing to the difference between laboratory tests and on-road measurements. Detailed vehicle models are possible, so emissions are known for various engine speeds and load maps. Maps are now obtainable for each vehicle using portable emission measurement systems (PEMS). The high time resolution data allows for emissions to be modelled by means of synthesizing emissions maps from the second-by-second PEMS data. This project extends our existing methodology to commercialize algorithms that can be used by industrial partners.

We are looking for a high-powered post-doctoral researcher to help develop the existing capabilities of producing maps from on-road data; assist software commercialization with the Freight Transport Association and link Cambridge and FTA to improve the engine mapping and vehicle modelling software for purposes of commercialization. It is expected that the researcher will disseminate results in high-impact academic journals, conferences and meetings.

For more details see:

http://www.jobs.cam.ac.uk/job/16661/