Dear MD community,

I would like to bring your attention to an upcoming symposium co-organized by Dr. Michael C. McCarthy and myself at the 2018 ACS Fall National Meeting in Boston, MA, August 21-25, titled “New Spectroscopic Techniques for Astrochemistry.” This symposium will focus on the role that laboratory spectroscopy plays in addressing current challenges in the field of astrochemistry, with a particular emphasis on new and innovative approaches and techniques. The program will cover all areas of molecular spectroscopy from the microwave to the UV and beyond, both in the gas phase and condensed phase. While the primary focus of the symposium is laboratory spectroscopy, we also welcome talks from astronomers, modelers, and theoreticians working in the field of astrochemistry to highlight current needs that spectroscopy can address.

Abstract submission is currently open for contributed talks at https://acsnm256.abstractcentral.com, and the deadline is March 12. We hope you will join us for what we hope is an exciting symposium. Please forward this announcement to others who may be interested!

Best,

-Kyle Crabtree
--
Dr. Kyle N. Crabtree