Dear Meg,

Much of the useful literature is in German. I recently saw an English
translation of Marbodus, but can't put my finger on it at the moment.
There is some disagreement on whether 'adamant' is diamond or not. I
have seen 'allectorius' as a stone found in the liver of a capon.

Secondary sources:

For identifying stones, the best source is Hans Lu?schen, /Die Namen der
Steine : das Mineralreich im Spiegel der Sprache : mit einem
Wo?rterbuch, enthaltend u?ber 1300 Namen von Mineralien, Gesteinen,
Edelsteinen, Fabel- und Zaubersteinen/. Thun : Ott, 1979.
Unfortunately, Gerathises is not listed, and I have no clue. Celdonius
looks to me like celidon (chelidonius, gelidon), supposed to be found in
swallows' stomachs.

Gerda Friess,/Edelsteine im Mittelalter : Wandel und Kontinuita?t in
ihrer Bedeutung durch 12 Jahrhunderte in Aberglauben, Medizin, Theologie
und Goldschmiedekunst/. Hildesheim : Gerstenberg Verlag, 1980.
Includes a useful table listing which medieval authors discuss which
stones, with very brief summaries of properties ascribed.

Audrey L. Meaney,/Anglo-Saxon amulets and curing stones/. Oxford: BAR
British series, 1981.
A bit dated by now, but still very useful-- and in English.

Some translated primary sources (most with modern commentary; in no
particular order or citation system):

P. Kitson, "Lapidary Traditions in Anglo-Saxon England: Part I, the
Background; the Old English Lapidary." /Anglo-Saxon England/ 7 (1978), 9-60.

Barry Baldwin, "Michael Psellus on the Properties of Stones,"
/Byzantinoslavica/ 56 (1995), 398-405.

Arthur G. Holder, trans., /Bede: On the Tabernacle/ (Translated Texts
for Historians LUP)
see book 3 chapter3, The Rational

Rabanus Maurus. /De universo: the pecular properties of words and their
mystical significance: the complete English translation/. Translated by
Priscilla Throop. Charlotte, Vermont: MedievalMS, 2009.

Albertus Magnus, /Book of Minerals/. Translated by Wyckoff Dorothy.
London: Oxford University Press: Clarendon Press. 1967

Kahle, Paul. "Bergkristall, Glas und Glasflüsse nach dem Steinbuch von
el-Beruni." /Zeitschrift der Deutschen Morgenländischen Gesellschaft/ 90
(1936): 322-56.

Priscilla Throop, trans.,/Hildegard von Bingen's Physica : the complete
English translation of her classic work on health and healing/.
Rochester, Vt. : Healing Arts Press, 1998.

and of course, Pliny, /Natural History/, book 37

all best,
Genevra